Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baby CPR + Safety Class

Bob and I attended our first class on Saturday - Baby CPR, Safety and Care (regular maintenance required). We learned how to perform CPR on an infant, what to do if they're choking, how to swaddle and bathe our baby, and different things to do to "baby proof" our house (including keeping hazardous chemicals out of reach - really? People don't think of these things? I'm no expert, but I could have told you that bleach probably isn't the best thing to leave around... just sayin'). Don't you know we couldn't go through a whole class without Bob making a few jokes. Here are 2 pics he took along with his captions:

"Do babies come out like this? Swaddled and all??"

"We have an extra washcloth in the bucket... baby needs a do-rag! What up yo!"

I do want to add one more thing - each one of these baby dolls was anatomically correct, but we got the wrong model to practice with. Just remember, front to back, front to back, front to back... :) 

1 comment:

Num Nums said...

Very nice - now I feel secure in knowing you two have had training! (kidding - y'all are gonna be great parents!)

Also HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'm horrible for not saying anything until now - but know it's been on my mind all day. Hope y'all got to relax and enjoy your day.