Monday, August 8, 2011

Bridgette v. the color Yellow...

The mind of a 2 year old is hilarious! We love hearing what our Miss Bridgette has to say these days... but this one takes the cake. About a week ago, we started noticing her taking the yellow crayon or marker and setting it aside. Then she would say "no like it" and hand it to us. She's been doing this a lot the last few days. Today while we were at Central Market... I decided to get us some gelato. They had new flavors, so naturally we needed to sample. First up - lemon cookie gelato. (sound delicious, right?) I asked for a sample and handed it to Bridgette. She pushed it away and said "no like it"! I was shocked! My daughter definitely doesn't turn down ice cream!? I looked down and noticed "yellow" bits of cookie and asked "you don't like the yellow?" ... in which she replied "no like it". So I asked her which one she wanted to try... "black one" (a.k.a. chocolate, or as Bridgette says "coclit"). HA! I'm not sure what the color "yellow" ever did to her... but she does not want anything to do with it!

And I can't post without a picture, so I'll leave you with this... this afternoon we were coloring, and she put a marker cap in the stamp... held it with both hands and started singing "happy birthday" to Aiden. The cap was the "candle" and the stamp was the "cupcake". Gotta love these little {BIG} imaginations!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ha-that is awesome!!