Our little boy has arrived! On September 28, Aiden Thomas Bloem was born at 7:57 am weighing 7lbs 9oz and 19 3/4 inches long. {just perfect} He is a healthy boy, 10 fingers-10 toes, and lots of dark hair. His looks seem to change day by day, but he is definitely a Bloem. I think he looks like his daddy :) Bridgette is getting use to her new brother, and we are adjusting to life with a newborn again. It is funny how things seem pretty calm in the hospital, and then once you get home you remember you don't have the nurse call button anymore! ha! I think we were spoiled a bit as it was in the hospital... Baylor Frisco nurses were awesome!!
We just want to thank everyone for their prayers and support through the past few weeks. We have been through quite the ride towards the end of this pregnancy, but we have so many things to be thankful for! The surgery went well, mommy is healing nicely, and we have the most adorable handsome healthy little boy to add to our family. God is good!
After I was sent to recovery, Bobby was able to go show off our new son...
... and this was the view from the other side :)
Aiden's first bath
My babies :)
Bridgette sporting the appropriate sister shirt for the big day
Bridgette was eager to hug whoever was holding Aiden
Aiden getting some sweet one-on-one time with his Vovo
A proud Mimi and Poppa!
Bridgette came to visit her brother every day
Daddy cuddling with his son
Our last meal in the hospital - steak and lobster!
Getting ready to take Aiden home
5 comments:
Congratulations! What a beautiful family.
Congrats, guys! If I had known ya'll were at Baylor Frisco, I would have come visit. My Dad was also in that hospital most of last week. We thought that hospital was fantastic! Glad to hear ya'll also had a good experience.
I bet Bridgette will be a great big sis!
Ok, so that picture of Bridgette touching Aiden in the bassinet made me cry and mess up my makeup. Thanks!
He is SOOO precious!! I love the pictures of Bridgette looking at him; what a sweet big sister she will be! Hope life at home is going well!
Agreed - the picture of Bridgette looking at Aiden really got me. So precious.
Post a Comment