Thursday, October 14, 2010

Double-Duty at the Doctors

This morning we went in to the pediatrician's office for our first ever double appointment. Aiden had his 2-week checkup and Bridgette her 15 month check up. I'm just glad they let us schedule them together! Both babies are looking good, and then we all got shots - ouch! Bridgette got her 15 month + flu shots, Aiden got his newborn screen, and Mommy and Daddy got their flu shots... and we all walked out with fun bandaids. Here are the kiddos stats, and my how opposite they are in growth percentile - ha!

Aiden, 2 weeks
Weight: 7lbs 3oz (10%) Length: 20 3/4 (50%) Head: 13 3/4 (10%)
Doctor says: "Handsome baby!"

Bridgette, 15 months
Weight: 22lbs 14oz (50%) Length: 31 (70%) Head: 18 1/2 (80%)
Doctor says: "Healthy, thriving young lady!"

So, we go back in 4 or 5 days to check Aiden's weight again (they want us to supplement to get him back up to birth weight) but other than that, all is good! Of course, I can't post without a picture - so here is Bridgette enjoying some fro-yo we split after our chick-fil-a. Mmmmmmmmm!




4 comments:

Ellen Helms O'Neal said...

I think you got the doctor's comments flip flopped. I hope he didn't tell Aiden, "Healthy, thriving young Lady!", because I bet Aiden was the "Handsome, baby!". Hehe.

I hope Aiden gains his weight. He sure is a cutie!

bloem family said...

HA! Thanks Ellen... I think the lack of sleep got to me today :)

Suzana said...

beautiful people that God has granted us!
love you guys.
love the blog, Heather, a great way to follow you all.
don't forget pictures, they are all we want to see.
bjs
vovob

Kelly said...

What a little peanut Aiden is! I'm so glad you got to take them together. Drop Bridgette by our house next time you have to take Aiden in by himself:)