Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

Ok, my birthday was in December but I just cashed in on my present! Bobby gave me a plane ticket to NYC to see the sisters, and it finally happened. And not only did it happen, it turned into a whole Girls Weekend! My 2 best friends, Cat & Carolyn, were able to join me in my weekend away! (this NEVER happens!) But boy did we have fun. We stayed with Christina & Martha in Brooklyn {thanks girls!!} and packed in as much as we could in one weekend. And by that I mean we stayed busy! On Saturday we got coffee/bagels in Brooklyn, then took the train in to the city for the day. Carolyn had never been, so we wanted to show her a little taste of everything. In one day we saw: China Town, Soho, Little Italy (at least walked by it), Grand Central Station, attempted 5th Avenue (St. Patty's parade was still going on), mid-town, The Plaza, Central Park, meat packing district (and the coolest spot for drinks EVER), dinner at midnight, and a cab ride back to Christina's apartment. {this mommy was pooped! ha!} Sunday was relaxing with a nice brunch and shopping around Brooklyn. It sure was fast, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you Bobby for giving me a weekend away, and thank you girls for enjoying it with me!

Oh, and did I mention I rode FIRST CLASS both ways!!? Yup, first time! Thanks honey for the wonderful surprise! I'm a lucky gal!


No comments: