Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tuesdays at the Arboretum

I love how close we live to the arboretum! And I especially love the 'Tiny Tots Tuesdays' they do during the fall. Every Tuesday they have face painting {Bridgette's favorite}, a petting zoo {Aiden's favorite}, story time, and kindermuzik ... all free with admission/membership! That's on top of the already cool pumpkin patch and everything else they do to decorate during this season. So for the past few weeks, we've packed a picnic lunch, met our playgroup friends, and enjoyed the morning in some fresh air! The kids love it, get all tuckered out, and typically pass out before we even leave the parking lot. It's a win-win... they have fun and mommy gets a good nap from them! :) Here are the highlights over the past few weeks...

A Cinderella carriage is in the middle of the pumpkin patch
Brushing the animals with friends
Checking out her face from the first visit
Aiden loves the petting zoo!
...and sissy's face painted!
James, Brooklyn, and Bridgette showing off their faces.
I'm a panda bear one week...
... and then a pink & purple tiger the next week!
"Mom, I love brushing the animals! Can we take one home?"
And of course, we can't leave without picking up a few pumpkins for our house!

2 comments:

Suzana said...

how fun to be outdoors! we did lots of that in the summer in Denver. lots of love and saudade
vovó

Kelly said...

I love the pic of Aiden looking at B's face paint:)