Saturday, October 22, 2011

Footloose and Fancy Free in Fayetteville

Two weekends ago, my mom and I took a little road trip up to Fayetteville, AR with the kiddos. Carolyn's mom drove in, and she kicked her hubby out (thanks David) so we could have a "girls weekend" (+ Aiden of course). It wasn't as relaxing as Carolyn and I had been dreaming it would be, but we did have a lot of fun amidst the chaos. Bridgette and Lily hit it off, and Aiden liked playing with new toys! After the kids finally went to bed in the evenings, Carolyn and I were able to enjoy some girl talk over a glass of wine. Oh how nice it is to sit and talk with an old friend! Highlight of the weekend was definitely taking the girls to a kiddie salon called Glitterbox, where they had mani/pedis! I don't know who enjoyed it more... me or Bridgette - ha! Thanks Carolyn for having us up for the weekend! And thanks Mimi & Gran for helping us with our crazy children!

Oh my how times have changed - ha!
Mimi and Gran got the giggles ;)
Walking through the square on Saturday morning... the weather was perfect!!
The mani/pedi experience...

Visiting the horses...
... and their reactions!

2 comments:

Num Nums said...

Awww - so sweet H! Thanks to your mom for documenting the whole weekend for us! It was crazy crazy but I cherish any time I get with you guys! Miss you daily :) Squeeze those cute kiddos for us - tell BEB that LDB asked about her Sunday night before bed. "Is Bridgette coming to play?"

:) HUGS!

Suzana said...

What a great update in the blog! Love all the pictures. Choose a few for me and send it to my walgreens account. I will pick it up. Cannot retrieve them from the blog and print, they are not good. It has to come from your camera.
PLEASE! bjs