Friday, September 3, 2010

What a week!

Last Thursday marked the start of some "unplanned" excitement for the Bloem household. I woke up (after not really sleeping at all) with some weird discomfort and heat in my right knee. Well, I've been dealing with some pain in my legs, varicose veins, and varicosities this pregnancy... but something told me this was different. We went to see my doctor that afternoon, who then sent us to the hospital for imaging on both legs. Yup... sure enough, the heat was telling me something - I had a blood clot in my right knee. They admitted me to the hospital, started blood thinner injections, and then we got to stay (and preview where we'll be in a few weeks) at Baylor Frisco from Thursday night to Monday morning. My doctor wanted me to be there so they could monitor our little boy, get a few days worth of the injections in, and start seeing some visible changes to my knee before sending me home.

Well, thank goodness she started seeing some change! We are now home and feeling more comfortable in our own space again. And Bridgette is glad to be back with her puppies too... although I don't think she minded one bit being spoiled by Mimi and Poppa over the weekend! (So glad they live close too!!) As for now I am on modified bed rest, still getting injections twice a day (thanks hubby!), and am to just relax and take it easy as much as possible! My due date will be rescheduled, but we're playing that by ear with some check ups I have next week. At most our little boy will arrive in about 2 1/2 weeks!

We just want to thank all of our friends and family for their support through this time!! All of the good thoughts, prayers, visits, and food have been much appreciated!! And we hope we can repay the hospitality back one day! We will keep everyone updated as the weeks to come unfold. Love you all!

Bridgette and I in front of the play area... she visited this area a lot!

Bridge and I sharing the wheelchair... I got to get out for a "ride" 3 times a day! Woo-hoo!


2 comments:

Catt said...

It's amazing she can write her name! I can see her artistic influences in this piece. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know all is well now. Stay rested and let me know if you need anything.