This past weekend was a BLAST! My "bfrys" {otherwise known as Carolyn and Catt} came into town for some much needed hang time! The girls decided to celebrate our lil'bean on the way with a little girls day and pampering on Saturday. (umm, yes please!) So, while the boys had Bridgette and Lily, we were off to the Bliss Spa, a little shopping, and lunch at La Duni. That's right... we were alone without kids or hubbies! Not only was it relaxing, but we finally got to have un-interupted conversations! Boy how I cherish these moments now! :) These girls spoiled me rotten, and I am so thankful to have them in my life!! I got to step out of "mommy-mode" and have a little "Heather-time". So, thank you Catt and Carolyn for an awesome weekend! I love you both, and I hope we don't have to wait as long to do this again!
Carolyn, me, and Catt after our treatments at Bliss... ahhhhhh!
Testing out these cool chairs outside the W while waiting for our car.
And if that weren't enough... we got to experience both sides of the "dinner date". Friday night was the Bloems and Baltzs vs. Marianos restaurant. At one point during dinner, Carolyn and I had a laughing fit while Bridgette and Lily were covered in beans, rice, and banging spoons on the table. We have video to prove just how crazy hectic it was! haha Then Saturday night, my parents took Bridgette while we got to go on a double date with Catt and Jeff. We tried the Porch on Henderson, and it was delicious! Good food, good conversations... all in all it was a great weekend! More pics and video to come...
3 comments:
H - we started out planning our day for you as a selfless act to give you some much needed you time. But as the day grew closer and closer, we realized how much WE desperately needed some Heather, Catt and Carolyn time!
I'm so proud of you and your family and all that the "4" of you do together. I'm lucky to share the journey of mommy-hood with you, after all of our other journeys.
We are lucky because of those that surround us. And I'm SO lucky to have you and Catt surrounding me.
Love you girls! Here's to our trip to Amsterdam in the spring right! (hahahaha)
I second that! It was theraputic for all and Baby....? :)
It's just such a rare occassion when you can get more than 1 female to cooperate, no less be awesome. Thanks to H, I've found a new dear friend! It's really not shocking Heather sought friendship in us, our cumulative awesomeness is a powerful force. C-bisquit, you're the coaster to my cold beer, the ketchup to my french fry and mi amiga!
H, we're just so happy for you and your growing family. I always new you'd be a great Mommy! What you both didn't know is that you're going to have A LOT to teach me (one day). You guys are super-heroes!
Can't wait untill Amsterdam! :)
I am so jealous!!! I think I'll forward this blog to my friends so maybe they'll get some ideas...
Post a Comment