Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Walking, World Cup, and Happy Plates

Last week marked a lot of fun "happenings" around the Bloem house. First off, Bridgette started walking! ... like for real, no stumbling or holding on WALKING! :) During the week she started making it across the room, not realizing she was on her own. Then last Friday I took her to get some shoes (the cute jellies and flip flops weren't cutting it) and after she got fitted for her first pair of stride-rites, I look up and she's walking all over the shoe department in Nordstroms! And by that evening she was all over the house and hasn't stopped since! (we got some great video, just need to figure out how to post!)

And if that wasn't enough, the World Cup started last week. Now, before Bob that didn't mean much to me... I don't really even know much about the game. But after marrying a Brazilian, I think I'm going to have to learn! After all, Bridgette and little brother may very well be soccer players of their own! And speaking of little bean, it was just a coincidence that at 24 weeks, my uterus is measuring the size of a soccer ball the week the World Cup starts. :)

I also introduced these cute little animal plates to Bridgette, and she LOVES them! After she eats, she plays with the plate, talks to the animal, and just makes eating lunch that much more fun. Hence the term: happy plate :)

Little Bean's a growing

Yummy lunch on a hippo plate...

... and after lunch. Acabou! (all done!)



No comments: