I'm finally getting around to blogging about this. The day was Thursday, October 25. It was a school day. I had picked out paint for Bridgette's room, but didn't have time to pick it up before I got the kids. I called the paint store and asked if it could be ready so we could just run in and pay. (thinking I'm being a smart mommy by minimizing time in store with 2 toddlers) We got there, and of course the kids are wanting to touch all the paint, colors, supplies. I picked up Aiden (who was fighting me in my arms) and tried to give the guy my information to pay. At one point, I turned around to Bridgette to tell her to stand close to mommy and stop picking up everything from the shelf... that's when Aiden reached towards the counter, grabbed a paint can, and yanked it off the counter! It fell. It exploded. It covered mommy. I was in shock! I couldn't believe I was standing there in a puddle of paint! I looked up at the guys behind the counter and was speechless. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. They grabbed rags for me, and showed me to the bathroom. You could not even see the color of my shoes... and being flats, paint was all inside... so here we went... squishing paint and leaving footprints to the bathroom. Once we got there I put the kids along the wall, and said "Do NOT touch anything"... you should have seen how big Aiden's eyes were. There were no paper towels of course, so I used the 5 little rags wisely. And just FYI... when you try to wipe paint, it just smears - ha! I took off my shoes one at a time and ran them under the water. I was just trying to get as much paint off as I could to be able to walk out of the store without leaving more footprints. We walked out, and Aiden said "sorry" to the nice men cleaning up our paint spill on the floor by the register. I kept apologizing while they mixed another can of paint for us. They didn't make us pay for the spilled paint, and one of the guys helped us out to the car with our supplies. As he put the paint in, he said "don't worry, it's just paint... we were just cleaning up extra well because we have out CEO coming in the store tomorrow"... ummm!??? I'm still laughing at this now. It will definitely go down as one of those stories I tell when the kids are teenagers! Here's a picture I took after I cleaned up ...
Friday, November 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment