This past weekend my best friend Carolyn came into town with her hubby David and their cute little girl Lily. This was their first time to meet Bridgette... and since we are such good friends, we expect our girls to be friends too... Right!? Ha! Well, we'll see how that plays out over the next few years, but here is their first weekend together. We had a great time hanging out, but boy how things change! Carolyn and I are used to just waking up and grabbing coffee when we visit each other, but that didn't happen this time (although we attempted multiple times!) If one girl was sleeping, the other was eating... and once we got one ready to go, the other needed something else. It's amazing we actually made it out to lunch on Saturday! ha! Although a little more hectic than before we had children... it's a lot more fun!
Bridgette's thinking "You want me to do what? I can barely hold my head up!"
Lily's thinking "Are you kidding me? Friends with this girl? I am so much older and more mature that she is!"
Lily reaching out to Bridgette... with a huge smile on her face (though the camera didn't catch that) :)
Lily - "Wake up Bridgette!! We're going shopping!!"
The girls' first lunch date at Twisted Root Burger!
Aunt Carolyn getting some Bridgette time :)
Ok, so since Carolyn and I have a long history together... (we've known each other for almost 15 years now!?!) ... I decided to do a little before and after picture montage! Who would have thought that when we met back at Plano Senior High School that we would have our first babies so close together!?
From high school... sweet uniforms!!
to college... hot mamas (to be...)
to babies! (ok, so there were marriages in there too) but, Look at us now! :)
1 comment:
OMG! There will be hell to pay for that band uniform pic. Kidding - I can't hide my past :)
We did have a C-RAZY weekend, and I agree, my how things have changed...for the best. We are blessed with two beautiful daughters that, before we know it, will be sleeping in and texting all day and we'll be going on those coffee runs again.
Bob makes a mean cup'a'joe anyway - so I can manage for about 10 years!
Lily told me she was very glad to meet her pal Bridgette and that she thinks she's going to be a ballerine! Lily will do her publicity!
Oh the places we have been and ohhhh the places we'll go!
Post a Comment