It's pretty frustrating to wake up one morning and button your pants, then the next morning wake up and they just aren't fitting like they use to! So... I decided to make my first trip to a 'maternity store'. Pea in the Pod/Mimi Maternity to be exact. WOW! I didn't know maternity clothes could be so expensive! I mean seriously... there's just a little more material and they've added some elastic, so why do they charge double??Anywho... I pick out a few items and the sales woman gets my dressing room ready. As I go in to change, I notice this strap-on belly thing sitting on the bench. Hmmm... I just try on the pants and top and walk out to show Bob (who is sitting in the "man section" - black leather seats and sports tv) and ask "What do you think?". That's when the saleswoman comes over and says "No, no...go put the belly on and see how it looks" as she's leading me back to the dressing room, where she basically undresses my waist area to get the belly strapped on. It was pretty hilarious. So, I walk out for the second time to show Bob and ask "How do I look?" which is when he snaps this picture. Funny to think I will have a belly that big! Here's a little preview until then...
7 comments:
You are going to be even more adorable as a big ole' preggers lady than you already are Lil' Mama! Enjoy those comfy clothes!
You're the cutest!!! And if you ever need to borrow some of my sweet maternity clothes, you know where to find them!
I never thought 9 months lasted so long! I cannot wait to hold this little one in my arms! I also never realized love could be so big and wide and encompassing, there is so much emotion in all this!!!
Love you guys.
Great idea to share this special time.
bjs
Vovó Suzana :o)
HAHA, when I saw the pic I was like WOW, Heather is BIG! And then I read the rest of the post...sorry I missed you guys over Christmas! We will have to make a trip to Big D soon!
add my blog http://ecraig.blogspot.com
haha, that strap on belly is too funny, right?! FYI- Shop the children's consignment sales for maternity clothes (some still have tags!): Just Between Friends, Divine Consign, and others.
~Amanda
Heather!!! it's sam! How are you and future pops?! casey showed me your blog. you're so up to date! look at you go...
and maternity clothes cost so much because they're specialty items that aren't made in such mass amounts as everyday wear. therefore to make the same amount of profit with less garments that take more time to produce, the price of one pair of pants increases when it's maternity style. they also use certain fibers in the stretch bands that may or may not be pricier, depending on the company. okay, that's my fashion merchandising rant for the day.
is pea in a pod as chic as it looks? i see ads for it in vogue every now and then.
and you strapped on a belly! crazy!
i am so excited to see your baby girl!!!!!!! wow. you're going to be an amazing mom. and bob too. except not the mom part.
don't be a stranger. (my blog is for a class tho, so its slightly boring...) :] samantha
Post a Comment